What is vaginoplasty?
What is vaginoplasty?
Vaginoplasty is a type of surgical procedure known as colporrhaphy. This procedure is done to tighten the vagina. Therapists can do this by heating tissues with radiofrequency waves or a laser to tighten the vagina.
After the birth of a child and aging, the muscles of the vagina become loose, in such a situation there is difficulty in making physical relations. During surgery, excess mucous skin inside the vagina is removed and the outer skin may also be removed to beautify the vulva. Let us go into detail about vaginoplasty in today’s article.
- What is vaginoplasty? Why is vaginoplasty done?
- Preparation before vaginoplasty?
- How is vaginoplasty done?
- How to take care after vaginoplasty?
- What complications can occur after vaginoplasty?
Why is vaginoplasty done?
Vaginoplast can be done in the following health conditions.
- After the birth of a child, the muscles of the woman’s vagina become loose and weak. In such a situation, there is a problem while having sex. Vaginoplast can be done to strengthen the muscles of the vagina and tighten the wall.
- Vaginoplasty can be done in case of vaginal disease.
- Cancer in the vagina.
- Boils in the vagina.
Preparation before vaginoplasty?
Before vaginoplast, the doctor discusses with the patient whether the surgery should be done or not. If the patient wants to undergo surgery, the following advice can be given.
- If you smoke and consume alcohol, do not do it at all before surgery.
- If you take diabetes or BP medicines, then give complete information to your doctor.
- It is advised not to use blood thinners like aspirin.
- According to the requirement, your general tests and intestinal tests can be done.
However, the medicines are stopped so that the surgical procedure is not affected. The doctor tells you when to take medicines etc. after surgery.
How is vaginoplasty done?
The vaginoplast procedure may take approximately one to two hours. During this procedure, the patient is given general or local anesthesia. On the basis of how much the vagina has to be tightened, the excess skin inside the vagina is removed. To do this a pie nail is used. Under the skin, the tissues are tightened with strong stitches. After the vaginal canal is tightened, the mucous skin is closed. (The problem of vaginal odor)
How to take care after vaginoplasty?
After the surgery, the patient is looked after under the supervision of the doctor. After a few hours, the patient is allowed to go home. However, recovery after surgery may take three days or a few months depending on the condition of the patient.
- More care is needed after vaginal surgery.
- If a woman is employed, she can return to work after resting for at least a week.
- Do not have sex after surgery until you recover.
- Swimming and bathing with hot water should be avoided after surgery.
- Avoid doing any kind of heavy exercise after surgery.
- A woman should not use tampons during recovery.
- A woman should not ride a bicycle or a motorcycle after surgery. (why c the section is done)
What complications can occur after vaginoplasty?
As you know there is a possibility of risk during or after any kind of surgical procedure. Similarly, after vaginoplast, some of the following risks may be faced.
- Vaginal swelling problem.
- Vaginal pain problem. (Read more – Causes of vaginal pain)
- Bleeding in the vagina.
- Vaginal infection.
- Scarring on the skin of the vagina.
- Blood clots in the veins of the vagina.
- Uterovaginal problem.
- Vaginal fistula.
Before getting vaginoplasty, surgery should be done after getting good information about the risks and complications from the doctor.
Disclaimer: We hope that your question What is vaginoplast? Answer through this article.
If you want more information and treatment about vaginoplast, you can contact Gynecologist.
Our aim is only to give you information through the article. We do not recommend you any kind of medicine, or treatment. Only a doctor can give you good advice. Because there is no one better than him.